ARCH is associated with MSME for Entrepreneurship Development Programs that presently cater to the fields of Jewelry, Fashion Design,
Visual Merchandising, Interior Design, Artificial Jewelry Making; Industrial Motivational Camps etc. All these programs become self sustainable with support through various workshops conducted towards identifying and fulfilling the needs of Industry, Design and the Craft Sector and help artisans through skill upgradation. As part of this association, ARCH, is empanelled with MSME as a conductor of such programs with NID acting as the nodal agency on behalf of the MSME and under the 'Design Clinic Scheme', ARCH provides Need Assessment and Design Consultancy Services to the Jewelry Cluster of Jaipur. This Design Clinic Scheme also provides an opportunity for ARCH students to undertake Design Projects through the scheme, where 75% of the project cost is provided by the MSME and the remaining 25% could be either generated by the student or raised through industry sponsorship. The exposure provided by such undertakings would enable and build the capacity of students to identify design prospects and eventually set up their own enterprise.
DCH-Training Through Established
Institutions In Fashion Accessories-
In the year 2009, ARCH associated with the DC (H) - Development Commissioner (Handicrafts), to train various artisans, both skilled and amateur, in and around Jaipur under the Human Resource Development Scheme ( HRD )
The program called 'TRAINING THROUGH ESTABLISHED INSTITUTIONS IN FASHION ACCESSORIES- SKILL UPGRADATION' is a 5 year project.
The main agenda of the program is to impart Training, Skill Development and Skill Up-gradation of 100 artisans every year through the use of modern machinery. These artisans are trained in Fashion and Lifestyle Accessories in Metal Craft, Wood Craft, Textiles, Terra Cotta & Leather crafts, through Short Term & Long Term Programs of 2 Months and 4.5 Months respectively.
ARCH has successfully completed 2 years of this training project. A Terra Cotta Lab, Wood Workshop, Textile Lab and Leather workshop have been constructed and commissioned to fulfill the purpose.
200 artisans have been trained in these 2 years, over 12 short term and 8 long term programs. The nature of work involved the following:
• Skill Mapping, Skill Identification, Product & Material Innovation, Finishes & Surface Treatments
• Development of Craft products
The Academy has conducted various Technology based Entrepreneurship Development Programs sponsored by the Department of Science and Technology, Govt. of India, in collaboration with the NGO R.K.Sansthan. The objective of these programs was to develop entrepreneurial skill among women and students in the field of Jewelry Design, Gem Identification & Processing, Interior Design, Pattern Making and Garment Construction etc.
Jaipur Jeweler Artisan Development (JJADE) Project
ARCH In joint collaboration with Access Development Services, Jaipur and Jan Kala Sahitya Manch Sanstha (JKSMS), is implementing the JJADE Project, funded by SEEP Network, USA. The interventions under the project would percolate down to 20,000 artisans involved in Gems, Metalwork and Lac. ARCH is actively associated with Other Industry bodies which include the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII), The Indus Entrepreneurs (TIE), FICCI Ladies Organization (FLO) and FORHEX. These bodies have assisted the ARCH faculty and students in areas of mentoring and networking. And, ARCH has assisted these esteemed institutions to organize their events and projects in accordance with the fulfillment of their missions and objectives.
Project from Khadi Board
ARCH collaborated with Khadi Board and International Designer Bibi Russel to develop a complete sample set for her men's and women's wear collection and making a complete set of design illustrations, specification sheets and production pattern.
Rajasthan Mission On Livelihood (RMOL), Entrepreneurship Management Institute (EMI), Govt. of Rajasthan
With an aim towards accelerating industrial growth in the State through entrepreneurship development and the upgradation of managerial and technical skills, ARCH has conducted various Skill Development Programs in Career Grooming, Screen Printing, Garment Checking Packing etc.