We offer RESEARCH BASED PROGRAMS for International Participants under which the participant does an INDEPENDENT RESEARCH STUDY on a chosen area as:
- Pattern Making & Garment Construction for Indian Clothing
- Surface Design
- Weaving Technology
- Block Printing
- Tie & Dye
- Contemporary Enameling
These topics are just illustrative and do not restrict the choice of interested candidates to pursue any particular area of their preference.
The Research program provides professional artists, scholars and curators access to facilities in the development of research and artistic works. Researchers contribute to the academic program through specialized workshops, tutorials and lectures, working closely with the host institution.
Researchers include faculty members, visiting scholars. post-doctoral fellows, and graduate and undergraduate students, and they collaborate with colleagues across the University, at affiliated institutions, and at other research institutions.
- The participant would be provided with a Research Brief (or he/she can develop a self brief) towards research and documentation of Any One of the above areas.
- The participant would be provided with directions and all the necessary guidance - meeting the craftsmen with whom he/she can spend time and learn the craft in a traditional environment.
- The participant will be directly working with Institute Mentor along with Artisan/Craftspersons in the related Craft Cluster.
- The participant can develop a product range ( all expenses of execution to be paid by the participant).
- The participant would be required to reflect their learning through a Documented Process Report.
- It is mandatory that the participant understands all research done under the program becomes a shared intellectual property of the participant and the institute together. Institute will not need any written permission to quote unquote any material from Participant Research Documents as and when required, however due credits would be given to the participant.
The duration of stay has been kept flexible to suit the individual requirements of the participants. We ask that candidates commit to a stay of at least 6 months
, but are welcome to stay for up to one academic year.
The participant will receives a Certification for the Research & Documentation of ' the chosen area ' upon completion and submission of their document report and having a jury presentation.
The Institute will help the participant find necessary accommodation and guidance for the same in the Cluster regions. The participant will have to bear all expense for same.
How to Apply:
The applicants need to send:
• A brief description of the proposed visit;
• A current CV with details of contact address, email and telephone number;
• An artist statement 300-500 words; and
• 7 – 10 images of recent work/Portfolio