Create a Fabric Puppet through your vision of the future, handmade in natural textiles and handloom waste fabrics, locally sourced from your nearby vendors and tailors.
Age Group - 12 to 18 Year
- Prizes for Photo Video Competition:
1st Prize - Smart Phone
2nd Prize - Vlogging camera
3rd Prize - Kindle e-Reader
- Certificates & Acknowledgment
- Trophy, Certificate and Award Picture
- Publish on Social Media, ARCH website, Backstitch, Calendar etc.
HOW TO SUBMIT ENTRY
Puppet has to be sent through courier or dropped in person at the following address:
ARCH College of Design & Business, 9 Govind Marg, Institutional Area, Malviya Nagar Jaipur 302017
Submission Closes: 15th December 2019
WHAT YOU NEED TO DO?
Dig deep through our heritage and stories that have shaped our culture, thoughts, beliefs and US! It’s time to narrate your version of the story which has Touched, Moved and Inspired You, or the effect it has on people around you.
HOW DOES HERITAGE CONTRIBUTE TO YOUR WORLD?
Heritage and culture can give people a connection to certain social values, beliefs, religions and customs. It allows them to identify with others of similar mind-sets and backgrounds. Cultural heritage can provide an automatic sense of unity and belonging within a group and allows us to better understand previous generations and the history of where we come from.
For reference check out hashtag #designstory #designinspiration #everydaydesgin #designinspo
We want to increase your awareness of Heritage in our environment and how it will impact our future. We also want to know what you feel about what you seen.
To understand and develop appreciation for Heritage and its importance in everyday life, helping build your ability for a substantial future.
WHEN & HOW ENTRIES CAN BE SUBMITTED
Deadline for entries is:
- Entry for the Photo-Video Competition Closes 15th December 2019
- Entry for the Puppet Making Competition Closes 15th December 2019
JUDGMENT AND JURY CRITERIA
A panel will judge submissions and selected students work will be curated and exhibited as part of the Fashion Colloquia 2020 Exhibition/Installations. Glimpse of the chosen work shall also be available at www.designcommunication.org
The criteria are based on:
Perspective (point of view)
Clear explanation of your entry (max. 30 words)
Our Jury consists of eminent people from Photography, Design, Culture and Aesthetics.
TERMS FOR ENTRY:
- Coaching institutions/Schools or colleges may only submit entries on behalf of the student with his/her permission. A scan of a signed release to this effect, from the student, must accompany the entry.
- ARCH will have Right to Use of all submitted entries. By entering this competition, you are agreeing that the entry can be further reproduced or can be used in original form by the organizers (ARCH). These can be used on Posters, merchandise etc.
- Entrants agree that all images selected for the exhibition, and the name of the creator, can be published on the ARCH website and on the Design Communication portal, and can also be used for Social Media, PR & Marketing.
- ARCH has a strict policy of avoiding reference to any political, religious or sexual topic. In addition, ARCH is never associated with weapons. Nor does it favour any one religion or caste over others.
- If students wish to include references to active commercial Brands within their entries, such reference must be made in a way relevant to the core purpose of the message of the story.
- If people are included in the submitted entries, it is important to remember the ethnic and cultural diversity of our country, and make provision accordingly with due sensitivity.
- Shortlisted entries would be uploaded on Facebook page.
- The entry getting maximum Likes and Shares on the Facebook page will win the Viewer’s Choice Award. You can share the link with your Friends/ Family to ask for votes.
- Please do not thank or acknowledge the votes/comments individually during the duration of the contest. These comments bring the post on top of the timeline and hence may be disqualified on the ground of unfair practices.
- Entries will be judged by a committee of independent judges. The judges’ selection will be final. Correspondence regarding the judges’ decisions will not be entered into.
- Please note that winners will be informed of the results by email once a decision has been made by the judges. For this purpose, please ensure you can receive emails from our account firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please read the conditions and terms of entry carefully. You have to agree to them before you can submit your entry to the competition.