The ARCH Academy of Design was set up in the year 2000 to impart industrially & globally relevant, specialized Education in Design. The Institution has developed as a centre of excellence in learning and innovation, and over the last fourteen years, has trained more than 6000 professionals and entrepreneurs from across the country.
The Academy offers Undergraduate, Postgraduate and Certificate courses in Fashion Design, Interior Design, Craft Product Design, Jewellery Design, Graphic Design, Design Communication, Lifestyle Accessory Design, Design Management, Strategic Management & Leadership, as well as Diploma & Certificate programmes in Visual Merchandising & Gemmology.
The ARCH Academy of Design has a strong International representation, with students from several countries like Sweden, Spain, Kuwait, the United Kingdom, the USA, Nepal, Iran, Canada, Korea, Japan, and Dubai etc. who have, at one time or the other, chosen to study here.
Why the Institute?
Since Jaipur is a thriving student city, the college experience at ARCH is about more than just classes. It is about discovering and developing an understanding of the culture while getting exposed to the art, craft and talent of the local creators; understanding and contributing in real ways to the evolution of sensibilities through the study and practice of Design. The curriculum at ARCH encourages learners to develop knowledge and understanding of issues both local & global that has formed the basis of debate on the purposes and processes of design, and extends this knowledge and understanding through research, analysis and application of historical and contextual skills to selected fields of study.
- Learning Centre Pearson Edexcel BTEC
- Authorised Learning Centre London Chamber Of Commerce & Industry
- Affiliated to University Of Rajasthan
- Skills Knowledge Provider (SKP) Institution under The NVEQF Scheme of All India Council For Technical Education (AICTE) in the Applied Arts Sector for Jewellery Design
- Authorised by Karnataka State Open University
- Authorised by Indira Gandhi National Open University
- International Foundation of Fashion Technology Institutes
- International Council of Societies of Industrial Design
- The Hongkong Research Institute of Textiles And Apparel
Student Exchange Program
- De Montfort University, Leicester, UK
- University of Salford, UK
- Pearson’s BTEC Progression Routes in the UK include University of Bedfordshire, Heriot-Watt University, Coventry University, St Patrick’s College, Middlesex University, Swansea Metropolitan University, Bath Spa University et al.
- Textila Gymnasiet in Stockholm, Sweden
Staff Exchange Program
- Under the Prime Minister’s Initiative for International Education (PMI2) of the British Council, ARCH in partnership with Doncaster College has received funding for the Staff Exchange Program and Skill Transfer between the two institutions.
- Collaborative Development Programs: Scotland-Jaipur Partnership Development Fund with Cardonald College, Glasgow (now Glasgow Clyde)
- UKIERI Grant 2012 for Institutional Capacity Building with PERTH, UHI, SCOTLAND
ARCH Academy of Design conducts AIEED (All India Entrance Examination for Design) for Undergraduate (4yr) & Postgraduate (2yr) programmes. For the convenience of prospective applicants, the Exam is conducted in two modes – Online and Offline (Centre Based). Both versions of the exam test the aesthetic sense, creativity & design sensitivity of students seeking fulfilling careers in the various fields of design. It also tests the logical reasoning & problem solving aptitude of the student. ARCH invites applications for AIEED ’15 towards its UG & PG programmes for Academic year 2015.
Arch Academy of Design
Plot No. 9, Govind Marg, Malviya Nagar Institutional Area, Malviya
Phone: +91-141-4060500 / 02 / 03