The Indian fashion and textile industry is set for strong growth, buoyed by strong domestic consumption as well as export demand. Revenue in the Fashion segment is projected to reach US$13,160m in 2020. Rising globalization and consumerism are encouraging the fashion industry to explore the broadest contexts and applications of the field.
ARCH employs design thinking and creative problem solving strategies in all areas of design creation, styling, retail, branding and lifestyle. Intellectual and innovative dimensions in fashion learning are explored through design knowledge, skills and understanding of form, silhouette, material, texture, colours and processes to create innovative, sustainable and responsible fashion. The Fashion Department prepares the students to establish their own space in this complex, ever evolving and growing industry and professionally handle the challenges distinctive to it.
- Revenue is expected to show an annual growth rate (CAGR 2020-2025) of 12.4%, resulting in a projected market volume of US$23,574m by 2025.
- The market's largest segment is Apparel with a projected market volume of US$8,680m in 2020.
- With Indian consumer becoming more fashion conscious, it is the gigantic Indian fashion consuming public that will continue to set the growth trends for its fashion industry.
- Major disciplines of the industry include fashion design, textile design, leather design, and accessory and jewellery design.
- From a survey, out of the total number of designers working in the country, this discipline accounts for nearly 1%.
- According to a survey more than 3000 students are being enrolled into these courses.
- One of the institutions has more than 100 centres across India as franchised centres. There are others also offering training franchises in these disciplines.
- Fashion design is an applied art dedicated to clothing and lifestyle accessories created within the cultural and social influences of a specific time.
- A trained fashion designer can work in areas like designer wear production, planning and concept management, fashion marketing, design production management, fashion media, quality control, fashion accessory design and promotion of brands.