With a substantial boost in the digital marketplace, individuals have started exploring design careers like never before. The design opens the doorway to creativity and passion by offering various options in fashion, interiors, footwear, jewellery, and graphics. It is a dynamic field that keeps on changing at a high stride! So the learners must stay updated to succeed in the design endeavour.
Entrance exam for designing after 12th are an important part of the admissions process for many top design colleges and universities in India and abroad. These exams help schools assess the artistic and technical skills of aspiring designers, as well as their potential for creative thinking and innovation. If you’re preparing for a design entrance exam, it’s important to approach your study efforts with a clear plan and a focus on the key areas that will be covered on the exam.
Here are some tips for the learners who take the Design colleges entrance exams–
- Understand the exam format: Familiarize yourself with the structure of the exam, including the type of questions that will be asked and the allotted time for each section. This will help you manage your time effectively and ensure that you’re able to complete the exam within the allotted time frame.
- Review the exam content: Understand the topics and skills that the exam will cover. This will help you focus your study efforts and know what to expect on exam day. Some common topics that are often covered on design entrance exams include design principles, color theory, composition, and typography.
- Practice with sample questions: Many design schools and institutes offer sample questions or practice exams to help students get a feel for the exam format and content. Make use of these resources to familiarize yourself with the types of questions that will be asked.
- Build a strong foundation in design principles: A strong foundation in design principles such as composition, color theory, and typography will be essential for success on the exam. Make sure you have a solid understanding of these concepts before the exam.
- Develop your design thinking skills: Design thinking is a creative problem-solving approach that involves understanding user needs, generating ideas, prototyping, and testing. This skillset is highly valued in the design industry, and you’ll likely be tested on your ability to think creatively and solve problems on your design entrance exam.
- Refine the Art Skills
Sketching or art is the basic element in the design, without which no designer can move forward. If the individual still needs to enhance sketching practice, that might get hindered due to the board examination. Well, now is the time to pick up your sketchbook again. Before beginning the preparations, the learner should practise and find out the major strengths and loopholes, as it will lead to the understanding of better target spots.
- Create a portfolio: Many design schools place a strong emphasis on the importance of a portfolio in the admissions process. Start building your portfolio early to showcase your best work and demonstrate your artistic and technical skills.
- Stay organized and manage your time: Create a study schedule and stick to it. Make sure to allow enough time to review all the material and practice with sample questions.
- Stay calm and focused: On exam day, try to stay calm and focused. Take deep breaths and remind yourself that you have prepared for this exam.
By following these tips and putting in the necessary effort, you can increase your chances of success on your design entrance exam and take the first step towards a rewarding career in design. If you’re planning to pursue a career in design after 12th, these preparation tips can help you get off to a strong start and set you on the path to success.
ARCH College of Design & Business conducts All India Entrance Exam for Design (AIEED), national-level exam for design aspirantst, designed to understand the student better their interests, capabilities, aims, passion, and main stream design that you would like to pursue.